So I decided to go in another direction with Auggie and MJ. I like this movie better, but I still don’t feel like it’s “done.” As of now I don’t know what else to do with it… I’m letting it rest for a day. All said, I think it’s significantly better than the first video.
Posts tagged ‘short film’
I am officially never going into video editing. There is so much that I could say to critique this video (it feels like two parts, it’s unoriginal, it doesn’t have any real point), which makes it so difficult to turn into class tomorrow. I have spent about 16 hours on these two minutes of film, and even now I think it’s crap. Part of the problem is that I scrapped my original storyboard idea (with good reason), so I filmed without purpose, leaving me with some unusable scraps of film. Lesson learned: have a concept before shooting!
Anyways, no super heros, crying kids, corniness, and a soundtrack. Here goes:
I came out of my critique today feeling a little shaky. I had written a story for A, but in doing so removed the abstractness that the assignment was shooting for (and making this movie a whole lot harder on me as well). Here were some suggestions that I got:
- Do not have A act, just have him do
- Create a sense of smallness artificially, be it through set or through movie manipulation
- Use an adult’s voice to mask A’s
- Interview A to have him talk about being a superhero, how big he is, and everything else that the film focuses on
- Ask A to “act like a superhero.” Interpret at will
I really loved all of these suggestions. It takes a lot of the burden off filming, but creates a lot more editing work. We will see how Sunday goes!
Well, I wrote out the storyboard for my project, but then Corel crashed and I lost all of them. Boo! So I’m going to rewrite them on here and then draw it again tomorrow.
My design idea is living big as someone small.
Hopefully this kid I babysit for will be willing to do this!
– A flexing in front of mirror, in pajamas
– A getting dressed in superhero gear
– A eating cereal
– A leaving the house
– A walking up sidewalk, trying to wave at strangers
– A giving money to a homeless man
– Zoom in on homeless man’s soft smile
– A continues to walk
– Quick zoom in on A
– Sees man run away with a woman’s purse
– Woman shrieking
– A catches up with perp
– A points finger, looks very angry
– Perp slouches
– Perp walks back to woman
– Perp gives woman back her purse
– Woman gives A a hug
– Zoom in on A, who has lipstick smeared on his forehead
– Big grin
– Walks away flexing, like the beginning
– The end