I’ve made my second ghost in my series of… however many I feel like making. I’m thinking of aiming around four, but we’ll see if I can stop there.
Here’s the first version of what I came up with:
But I like the second version better. The fog is too cliché.
And I did pretty much the same thing as before. Here are my original images:
As much as I love the idea of drawing my final image, I’ve really come to enjoy seeing what kind of image effects I can do with the computer. I’ve enjoyed making my latest spectre, and I’m pretty sure I could turn it into a series. We’ll have to see what Nell and the class says tomorrow!
So how did I get from these images to there?
The first thing that I did was open the background scene in photoshop. I duplicated the original layer and set it to color burn, 30%, and outlined my details with high pass at a low opacity. I then added my woman after cutting her out of her original picture. I layered her with blur masks and overlays, and adjusted her to the ghostliness of my content, frequently using the burn and soft brush eraser tool to erase extra hard lines. I then reduced her opacity group to 80%, duplicated the background layer again, stacked that layer on the top, and set its overlay to 26%. After lots of tweaking and an hour of flustering with photoshop, my image was complete!
I went into the woods today and got the pictures that I needed for my project. Unfortunately, I couldn’t secure I high-quality camera before I went, so I did my best to change my camera settings before I went outside. I used a Canon Powershot SD1200 IS (or, in other words, a tiny digital camera). To change my settings, I clicked “FUNCTION SET” then, as scrolling downwards, changed the ISO to 1600, the AWB to CLOUDY, and the picture size to 3648 x2736px. That’s HUGE! These are the pictures that I am most contented with, though they haven’t been photoshopped yet: